Treasures of Turkey - Preview 2022
Treasures Of Turkey – Classic Group, 2022
Explore the ancient sites of Ephesus and Troy, behold the grandeur of the Hagia Sophia and dive into the history of this fascinating country.
- Istanbul: Enjoy getting to know your fellow travellers as you savour a delicious Welcome Dinner in a local restaurant.
- Cappadocia: Discover the flavours of Cappadocia as you indulge in a regional dinner of colourful dishes, before watching a spectacular Sema performance of Whirling Dervishes at a 13th century Seljuk Caravanserai.
- Istanbul: Toast the culmination of your tour with a lively Celebration Dinner at a popular local restaurant.
- Dining Summary: 14 Breakfast (B), 9 Dinner with Wine (DW), 1 Lunch (L)
- Cappadocia: Join a Cappadocian local, who has lived in the city for decades and take a tour of their cave house, where you’ll learn more about their unique way of life.
Make Travel Matter
- Uchisar: Enjoy the unique flavours of Anatolia at Uchisar Kadineli Restaurant, where every dish is homemade with love. This remarkable establishment provides employment for more than 65 women from the village. Uchisar Kadineli Restaurant advances SDG 5: Gender Equality. The restaurant is own by women and focuses on empowering women through employment. Some employed as administrators, some as teachers, some as cooks and some as waiters. Here they are taught how to sow clothes by using modern technology, how to knit, how to cook, how to make various kinds of artifacts, and how to merchandise their products and convert it to money for their families.
Top Rated Highlights
- Bursa: On your orientation with your Travel Director visit the town’s mosques, bazaars and famous Silk Market.
- Cumalikizik: Visit the over 700 year-old village to get glimpse into what Ottoman villages away from the capital looked like.
- Ankara: On your orientation with your Travel Director of the capital of modern Turkey discover its Roman and Byzantine heritage, visit the Museum of Anatolian Civilizations and the Mausoleum of Atatürk.
- Goreme : With your Local Expert, explore the underground cities, rock-cut churches, fairy-tale chimneys and the Pasabag Valley.
- Avanos: Learn about pottery making.
- Anatolia: Visit a well preserved Seljuk Caravanserai.
- Konya: Accompanied by your Local Expert, visit the beautiful Mevlana Tekke museum for an insight into the mystic Whirling Dervishes. See the Karatay Medrese and Ince Minaret.
- Antalya: Visit the historic Old Town and wander through its charming narrow streets, discovering souvenir markets and sweeping sea views.
- Pamukkale: See the cascading Cotton Castle of milky white travertine pools and the ancient ruin of Hierapolis.
- Temple of Aphrodite: Visit the open-air museum Aphrodisias dedicated to goddess Aphrodite, see the ancient city and statues that have survived preserving most of their originality.
- Izmir: Explore this city with your Travel Director.
- Ephesus: Discover one of the world’s finest ancient sites. Led by your Local Expert, walk the Arcadian Way, see the Library of Celsus and Amphitheatre and visit the House of the Virgin Mary.
- Pergamon: Visit Asklepion, the first hospital and spa centre in the world for physical and mental health and see its well-preserved and impressive Roman columns.
- Troy: On your orientation with your Travel Director hear about the nearly 4000 year-old settlement, see the wooden Trojan Horse and hear about myths and legends connected to this archaeological site.
- Gallipoli: Pay your respects at Anzac Cove and Lone Pine Cemetery.
- Istanbul: With a Local Expert visit the Blue Mosque and St. Sophia museum and gain an insight into the lives of the Ottoman sultans at the fabulous Topkapi Palace.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with onboard washroom
- Alternate vehicles without onboard washroom or 40 seats may be used on occasion
- On departures with 8 or more guests, personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- Complimentary transfers from/to Istanbul Airport are available on arrival and departure days, or with additional accommodation booked through Insight Vacations
Welcome to Istanbul
Bosphorus Cruise and Bursa
Cumalikizik and Gordion
The Underground Cities of Cappadocia Experience
Through the Taurus Mountains
Antalya's Old Town
The Pools of Pamukkale
Pergamon, Troy and Çanakkale.
Gallipoli and ANZAC Cove
Istanbul and the Ottoman Empire